- World History MOOC Report 14: In which I am disappointed in Jeremy Adelman. Jonathan Rees and Jeremy Adelman continue their conversation--and it is great because it is specific and practical (at least at the process level--we don't know about the product outcomes, and probably never will) unlike this kind of broad brush stuff.
- Thanks for the Entertainment, Textbooks! The Chronicle of Higher Education.. on the reality of textbook composition and use.
- How To Win At Forecasting: Edge A conversation with Philip Tetlock, who is an essential voice in this babel.
- Dave Brubeck, 1920-2012. - Boing Boing --- Dave Brubeck : Cosmic Variance --- Remembering Jazz Legend Dave Brubeck (RIP) with a Very Touching Musical Moment |...
- Thomas Bayes and Bayes’s Theorem I mentioned this earlier, but here is a good guide.
- Why second-hand bookshops are just my type - Telegraph from Theodore Dalrymple