- Dan Ariely Presents “A Beginner’s Guide to Irrational Behavior” in Upcoming MOOC I hope it's better than the Princeton/Coursera "History of the World...", but he's an engaging writer and the topic is lively. Enrolment* open now, starts March 2013
- Atul Gawande: The Difference Between Coaching and Teaching Gawande is a surgeon and commmentator on the organisation and practice of medicine--always worth listening to (video).
- Why myths of brightness need to be left in the shade - News - TES An argument for abandoning static views of intelligence and seeing it as a learnable skill, from Guy Claxton and Bill Lucas
- The Rise of the Poll Quants (or, Why Sam Wang Might Eat a Bug) On the eve of The Election, the pundits vs. the quants. And as we all know, The Poll Quants Won the Election - Percolator - The Chronicle of Higher Education. Bayes triumphs again.
- A Brief History of the Teleprompter History & Archaeology, Smithsonian Magazine
- Eats Shoots and Leaves Clues; Neanderthal cuisine (from More Intelligent Life)
* the single "l" is correct British spelling, before anyone else complains!