- Levitt_et al. Short-Term_Incentives (pdf) The Impact of Short-term Incentives on Student Performance
- "Flame Challenge," a science communications contest for young people (video) (Boing Boing) Explain a flame to an 11-year-old
- The Little-Known History of How the Modern Olympics Got Their Start (Smithsonian Magazine) The writing is pretentious and affected, but it's a good story
- n+1: The Stupidity of Computers --particularly their inability to understand natural language.
- The Good News About British Dyspepsia (Andrew Sullivan) At last! Noel Coward's own version of There are Bad Times Just Around the Corner online; no longer any need to put up with that awful Robbie Williams version.
- Does infinity exist? (plus.maths.org) John Barrow explains.
- One more flash mob (Copenhagen Metro) Delightful! What a way to start a day!
- The Higgs Boson Explained on Vimeo from PHD comics