10 December 2009

On getting published

I don't generally have a high opinion of what passes for scholarly literature in the education journals, although it is mostly unread and therefore in Douglas Adams' words "generally harmless". But when I read the linked abstract in what appears to be a respectable medical journal (at least, one listed on PubMed) I get worried.

Hat-tip to the National Center for Biomedical Information's ROFL blog (stands for Rolling On the Floor Laughing in txt-spk) for the link--and something of an explanation, here.

2 comments:

  1. Funny, but pretty plausible compared to some of the author's other offerings: http://scientistsconsideringchristianity.blogspot.com/2009/10/is-atheism-literally-delusion_150.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:56 am

    BTW, ROFL is L33T, not TXT...

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome, but I am afraid I have had to turn moderation back on, because of inappropriate use. Even so, I shall process them as soon as I can.